Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Freshman year work

Interior painting #1- Digital 
 Interior painting #2- Digital
daily speedpainting

I took a painting class on freshman year to help improve my observational drawing and painting and re-learn various techniques and fundementals. The top first two paintings are the result of asignments that dealt with painting interior and exterior architecture, as a result both of them required me to exercise my knowledge  of linear perspective to create sharp, vivid environments. 

The last painting was one of my daily speed paintings from the end of the year. I try to do at least one digital speed painting a day to practice technique, speed, and composition. I try to have as much variety as possible in my paintings, so I experiment with basic brushes, custom brushes/shapes, and photo manipulation to help create fantastical environments.

No comments:

Post a Comment